How do I reset my eWID device?
A User Reset deletes all users and restores the vehicle to factory settings for eWID devices.
Important: To reduce software complexity and increase quality, FordPass will be sunsetting support for EPID (Enterprise Plug-in Device) vehicles and eWID (Enterprise Wired-in Device). This product has enabled 2010-2018 model year Ford vehicles with connected vehicle features similar to FordPass.
These impacted vehicles will no longer have the ability to activate or use connected features in FordPass after April 3, 2023.
To Perform an eWID User Reset
- Log in to the FordPass®* App.
- Navigate to the Home screen.
- Select Vehicle Details.
- Scroll to the bottom and select User Reset.
- Start your vehicle.
- Be sure that your vehicle is on, running, in park and in an open area.
- Enter the odometer reading on the app.
- Select your vehicle's unit of measurement.
- Tap on Perform User Reset.
- Select Continue.
Note: You should receive a Deactivation Pending message.
- Tap Continue on the Deactivation in Progress pop-up prompt.
Once the reset is complete, FordPass will display the Activate Vehicle option.
How do I activate my eWID device?
Why is my eWID Deactivation Pending?
Which vehicles are compatible with eWID?
What is an eWID device?
How do I manage eWID Vehicle Connectivity Settings?
*The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.