How do I manage my vehicle generator power modes?
In order to use the Pro Power Onboard feature in the app, you must:
- Have a properly equipped 2021 F-series vehicle.
- Your vehicle must have a combustible engine and/or a chargeable vehicle (HEV).
- Add your vehicle to FordPass®.
- Turn your vehicle on to support power to the outlets.
- Activate your FordPass Connect™ modem.
- Connect your vehicle using AppLink.
Only use the Pro Power Onboard when your vehicle is outside. When expanded, Power Usage Modes displays and provides an explanation on the version of the Pro Power Onboard statuses.
- Navigate to the Vehicle landing page.
- Tap the Your Vehicle tab.
- Scroll down and select Pro Power Onboard.
- Select Using Pro Power Onboard.
- Tap Power Usage Modes.
- Swipe from left to right or vice versa for the different modes.
- The power usage modes included the following:
- Power Off
- Power On - Low Power Mode
- Power On - Generator Mode
- Nearing Maximum Output
- Danger of Overload
- Disconnected Display