How do I activate my Ford vehicle to use FordPass®*?
Activating your FordPass® Connect** modem enables your remote commands as well as other features. Use the steps below to activate your vehicle.
Before you begin, the following pre-conditions must be met:
- Your vehicle must be equipped with the SYNC®†/FordPass Connect embedded modem.
- Your vehicle must be added to FordPass.
Activating FordPass Connect
- Open the FordPass App.
- Select the Home screen.
- Tap Activate Vehicle.
Note: If your vehicle is equipped with the FordPass Connect modem and the Activate Vehicle button does not appear, contact us through Account > Help.
- Enter and start your vehicle.
- Leave it in Park and keep your vehicle running. A message should appear on your vehicle screen.
- Accept the activation confirmation pop-up.
- Refresh the Home screen in FordPass by swiping down on your device screen.
The Remote Commands should appear below your vehicle image.
Tips If You Are Unable To Activate
- If you receive a "Feature Unavailable for fleet vehicles" message, contact us through Account > Help for additional assistance.
- If you experience activation issues, try the Activation Pending Troubleshooting topic.
- If you had command access before and changed devices or lost your phone, please refer to the following for best practices:
- If your troubleshooting is unsuccessful, contact us through Account > Help for additional assistance.
*The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
**FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), the FordPass App, and Complimentary Connected Services are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms for details). Connected Services and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. Connected services exclude Wi-Fi hotspot.
†Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.