Are FordPass Connect™* and SYNC® Connect the same?
FordPass Connect is the embedded modem that provides internet access directly from the vehicle and allows access to vehicle data for the activation of connected vehicle features. The modem is formerly known as SYNC Connect for 2017 and 2018 model year vehicles. Important details about the modem include:
- FordPass Connect uses a Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) card to exchange data.
- AT&T is the exclusive data supplier for the US market and requires activation via the AT&T website.
- Modem subscription - Allows use of FordPass Connect features using the FordPass®** App.
- To continue efforts to help make our Ford customer’s lives worry-free and unstoppable, the remote features of FordPass, start/stop/lock/unlock, vehicle location and vehicle health information is now complimentary for all of our current and future FordPass Members.
- 3 months or 3GB trial of Wi-Fi Hotspot from AT&T.
Does my vehicle have the modem?
How do I activate my modem?
*FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), the FordPass App, and Complimentary Connected Services are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms for details). Connected Services and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. Connected services exclude Wi-Fi hotspot.
**The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.