How do I set the maximum charge level for my electric vehicle?
- Press the vehicle image in the top left of your SYNC 4 touchscreen.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Press Charge.
- Use the slider to toggle Charging Locations on, if it is not already.
- Press the pencil icon next to Charging Locations to edit the information.
- You will see a button to + Add New Location, as well as locations you have already setup.
- If you have not setup a charging location, refer to How do I setup a SYNC® 4 charging location?
- Press the pencil to the right of a set charging location.
- Use the slider next to Max Charge Level to set the maximum charge state.
Important: Ford recommends setting the Max Charge Level to no more than 90%. This will help prolong battery life.
- Press Next.
- Press Next again to save your edits.
What is Ford's recommended high voltage battery maximum charge level?