How can I maximize my Ford Electric Vehicle's range during winter?
When temperatures are low, you could see a reduction in the range of your electric vehicle (EV), which is normal. Use the tips below to get the most out of your EV's battery when it's cold outside.
Maximizing Your EV's Range in Cold Weather
- Park in a garage wherever possible.
- Keep your EV plugged in when parked.
- Precondition your vehicle using departure times to warm the cabin and the battery while plugged in.
- Use the heated seats and steering wheel (if available) for primary heat to reduce energy consumed by the Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system.
- When charging, turn off the heater.
- If your vehicle is covered with snow, brush all the snow off before driving to remove extra weight and drag.
- Keep your driving speeds moderate as high speeds use more energy.
- Ensure your tires are at the proper pressure.