Ford Power-Up Software Updates
THE NEW, RIGHT NOW
Just like a smartphone, you can keep your Ford performing at its peak with routine updates with the help of Ford Power-Up software updates.
SYNC® 4 Technology design updates? Check. And functionality enhancements? Also check. Available now? You bet. Get our recent Ford Power-Up software update now seamlessly over the air and enjoy the latest Ford has to offer.
Connect to Wi-Fi*
Set or Change Update Schedule
MAKE THE MOST OF IT
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why did my friend/neighbor/etc. receive a Ford Power-Up software update and I didn’t?
There could be a few reasons:
- Your vehicle may not support Ford Power-Up software updates. Refer to your owner’s manual to double-check
- Software updates are released on a rolling basis, and by default your vehicle will start the process when that version is released
- You may need to take action to progress the update. Look at your in-vehicle screen for icons to see if you have an update pending
Where can I find information about my Ford Power-Up software update?
Both in your vehicle and by logging in to your Ford account on the FordPass App or Ford Owner site.
- In your vehicle, go to the Settings menu and tap on System Updates to learn more
- In the app, you will get an alert on your Home screen where you can view software update details. Note: You must add your VIN to your account to view this information
- On your vehicle dashboard, scroll to the Software Updates tile where you can view update details. Note: You must add your VIN to your account to view this information
Why do I have to schedule a Ford Power-Up software update?
Some updates require your vehicle to be parked with the ignition off for a short period of time. When you set a recurring schedule, you can ensure that these types of updates will occur when it’s most convenient for you (e.g., overnight, during work, etc.). You’ll get an in-vehicle and in-app reminder before the update takes place. Visit our HOW TO SET OR CHANGE SCHEDULE article to learn more.
Can I change my Ford Power-Up software update settings?
Yes, but it’s not recommended. With Automatic Updates ON, you’ll have a more seamless update experience, and you’ll receive the latest features and enhancements without missing a step. See UPDATE SETTINGS HOW-TO for more information.
Can I cancel a Ford Power-Up software update once it begins?
You cannot cancel a software update once it has started.
What do I do if I need help with a Ford Power-Up software update?
You can contact the Customer Relationship Center, and someone will be happy to walk you through the process or you can contact your dealer.
Is there a cost for Ford Power-Up software updates?
You will be notified if a Ford Power-Up software update has a cost associated with it.
What does this Ford Power-Up software update icon mean?
Keep an eye out for software update icons that might show up on your in-vehicle screen. These icons inform you about your update once clicked. Check out our What are Ford Power-Up Software Updates article to view the list of icons.
- aDon’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.
- bFordPass, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply.