SYNC® system overview
SYNC® with Voice-Activated Navigation allows you to use voice and touch commands to make calls, play music, get driving directions, and find other useful information.27,129
How SYNC® with Voice-Activated Navigation keeps you connected
SYNC® with Voice-Activated Navigation uses Bluetooth® wireless technology to pass information between your vehicle and your phone. You can use voice commands and other simple controls—such as steering wheel buttons—to make and receive calls or listen to music.48
Like a universal remote control, SYNC® controls other systems besides your phone. SYNC® connects you to:
- Entertainment, such as SiriusXM Satellite Radio® and music on USB or Bluetooth Audio devices
- Navigation assistance, including maps
- Information such as turn-by-turn directions, weather, traffic, news, sports scores, and more through SYNC® Services or SiriusXM Travel Link™34,129
- SYNC® is customized in each vehicle, so the design is different, but the basics are the same. In vehicles with Voice-Activated Navigation, the touchscreen lets you view information and driving directions, as well as make vehicle settings.
Getting the most out of SYNC®
To get the most out of SYNC®, you’ll need:
- A Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone (check our list of compatible phones)
- A media player that connects through USB
Start by connecting your Bluetooth phone to SYNC® through a process called "pairing." Once paired, your phone connects with SYNC® each time you enter your vehicle, and calls are automatically transferred between your phone and your vehicle without hanging up.
After pairing your phone, use SYNC® voice commands to make calls, play music, and much more.
Be sure to use a phone that’s compatible with the SYNC® features you want, keep your phone’s firmware up to date, and learn as much as you can about your phone’s capabilities.