How to use Gracenote for music search and playback
The Gracenote® music database works with SYNC® with MyFord Touch®-equipped vehicles to improve voice recognition for music searches and let drivers pinpoint bands, artists, and albums with hard to pronounce names, nicknames, and irregular spellings. Gracenote also provides Album Cover Art to make it easier to navigate music collections.27
Before you start
There are a few things you should do before starting step 1:
- Connect your media player to the USB port in the media hub
- Familiarize yourself with the 8-inch touchscreen in the center console
- Familiarize yourself with SYNC with MyFord Touch USB-connected device voice commands
- Touch the Entertainment corner on your touchscreen.
- Touch the Options icon on your touchscreen.
- Touch the Media Player Settings menu option.
- Touch the On button for the Gracenote Media Management setting.
- Touch the back arrow to return to the Media Player Settings menu.
- Press the Voice button and ask SYNC to play your favorite song, artist, album or genre.
Gracenote organizes and fills in missing music metadata and recognizes inconsistent artist spellings in your collection, making it easier to find songs and artists. Keep in mind that when Gracenote is turned on in your vehicle, the software may override any corresponding music metadata stored on your connected media device.