How Do I Activate Apple CarPlay®* with SYNC®** 3?
To use Apple CarPlay, your iPhone must be compatible and connected to SYNC® 3. To connect your phone, follow the steps below:
- Plug your iPhone into a USB port in your vehicle with an Apple-provided Lightning® connector USB cable.
- A pop-up message will appear on your vehicle’s SYNC® 3 touchscreen the first time you connect.
- Select Continue.
- Agree to the the Terms & Conditions.
- If 911 Assist® is turned off, a screen will pop-up asking you to enable it.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Use the toggle to turn 911 Assist® to On.
- Press Skip this Step.
Once you are connected, Apple CarPlay will appear in the touchscreen, giving you access to Phone, Messages, Maps, and other apps. Note: Apple CarPlay does not control any of the standard functions in your vehicle.
*Requires phone with active data service and compatible software. SYNC 3 does not control 3rd party products while in use. 3rd Parties are solely responsible for their respective functionality.
**Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.