How do I set up Phone As A Key™* with the FordPass®** App?
When using Phone As A Key with FordPass, you can set up a maximum of four keys per vehicle. Use the steps below to set up your key(s).
Before you begin, confirm that you have met the following requirements:
- Your vehicle is equipped to use Phone As A Key.
- FordPass is downloaded to your device and you have an account.
- Either facial recognition, fingerprint recognition, or a passcode is set up on your mobile device.
- Your Customer Connectivity Settings are enabled.
- Your FordPass® Connect*** modem is activated.
- Your phone's Bluetooth®**** is enabled and running version 4.2+.
- You have a supported mobile device running Android™***** 8.0+ or iOS®****** 13.0+.
Set up Phone As A Key Steps
- Log in to the FordPass App on your mobile device.
- Navigate to the Home screen.
- Select Setup Phone as a Key.
- Tap Set Up Now.
Note: The User Authentication screen should display.
- Select Continue.
- Authenticate your request using one of the following methods (this may vary based on your security settings):
- Facial recognition
- Fingerprint scanning
- Passcode/Personal Identification Number (PIN)
Note: If you do not have a method of security set up on your device, FordPass will request for you to create a passcode in your Settings app.
- After authentication is complete, name your key.
Note: Special characters are not allowed and the maximum key length is 16 characters.
- Tap Next.
Note: Your key should begin to download.
- Select Copy and Continue to save your Temporary Bluetooth Passcode.
Note: A pairing notification will appear and prompt you to enter your code.
- Paste or manually enter your code.
- Select Pair or OK.
Note: A success page confirming completion will appear.
- Select OK.
Important: Complete the next steps to Create Your Backup Passcode.
Once Phone As A Key setup is complete, you should see the additional controls on the Home screen. If you encounter any issues, select to contact a Guide for additional support.
*Feature is available on select vehicles. Features may vary based on model year, trim, options, packages, and supply availability. Use the Build and Price tool to view feature availability on current models. If you have questions or need more information, reference your Owner’s Manual or contact your Ford Dealer. Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment, and need to control the vehicle. Refer to your Owner’s Manual for details and limitations.
**The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
***FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), the FordPass App, and Complimentary Connected Services are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms for details). Connected Services and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. Connected services exclude Wi-Fi hotspot.
****The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
*****Android is a trademark of Google Inc. The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
******iOS is a service mark of Apple Inc.