How do I report a successful SYNC®* installation?
After you have installed the latest SYNC software update in your vehicle using a USB, be sure to report the successful installation. This will allow us to alert you to other important system updates in the future. You will need your computer for this step.
- Insert the flash drive you used for the update into your computer.
- Go to the SYNC software update page.
- Scroll down to Step Three: Confirm Update on the SYNC software update page.
- Click on Browse for log file.
- Browse the flash drive you used to update your SYNC system.
- Select the XML log file in the "SYNCMyRide" folder. Example: sync_48474463_1A2B3C4D5E6F8G8H9.xml
Note: Your filename will differ because it will contain your Vehicle Identification Number.
Depending on the size of the update, you may need to restore your previous settings such as:
- Pairing your phone. Learn how to pair your phone.
- Resetting your radio presets.
- Resetting your navigation points of interest.
If these steps do not resolve your issue, contact the Customer Relationship Center by calling 1-800-392-3673 or selecting LIVE CHAT.
How do I check for SYNC updates?
*Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.