What is the recommended transmission fluid for my Ford?
You can find the recommended transmission fluid type for your vehicle in your Owner's Manual or you can refer to Ford's Chemicals and Lubricants website.
Search for the Capacities and Specifications section of your Owner's Manual. If you do not have a printed copy, digital Owner's Manuals can be accessed here.
Chemicals and Lubricants Website
- Access FCSD Chemicals and Lubricants Quick Reference Charts.
- Scroll down until you see the Transmission Fluids heading.
- Click on the PDF icon next to the appropriate transmission fluid chart.
- Once downloaded, open the PDF.
- Locate your vehicle and model year or model year and transmission type, as appropriate, on the table.
- Refer to the key after the table to see which transmission fluid your vehicle needs.
Note: To find your vehicle's engine size or transmission type, refer to your vehicle's window sticker.
You can find a copy of the maintenance schedule for your vehicle here. Scheduled Maintenance recommendations are also located in your Owner's Manual.
What type of transmission does my vehicle have?
What are the recommended oil capacity and filter types?
What is the recommended maintenance schedule?
How do I obtain a window sticker replacement?