Ford Power-Up Software Updates
THE NEW, RIGHT NOW
Just like a smartphone, you can keep your Ford performing at its peak with routine updates with the help of Ford Power-Up software updates.
Your vehicle will require Ford Power-Up software updates from time to time. We’ve made the process easy by delivering them over the air. Follow the steps below to get started or, if you own a Mustang Mach-E or F-150, watch our videos.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
There could be a few reasons:
- Your vehicle may not support Ford Power-Up software updates. Refer to your owner’s manual to double-check
- Software updates are released on a rolling basis, and by default your vehicle will start the process when that version is released
- You may need to take action to progress the update. Look at your in-vehicle screen for icons to see if you have an update pending
Both in your vehicle and by logging in to your FordPass App or owner.Ford.com account.
- In your vehicle, go to the Settings menu and tap on System Updates to learn more
- In the app, you will get an alert on your Home screen where you can view software update details. Note: You must add your VIN to your account to view this information
- On your owner.Ford.com dashboard, scroll to the Software Updates tile where you can view update details. Note: You must add your VIN to your account to view this information
Some updates require your vehicle to be parked with the ignition off for a short period of time When you set a recurring schedule, you can ensure that these types of updates will occur when it’s most convenient for you (e.g., overnight, during work, etc.). You’ll get an in-vehicle and in-app reminder before the update takes place. Visit our HOW TO SET OR CHANGE SCHEDULE article to learn more.
Yes, but it’s not recommended. With Automatic Updates ON, you’ll have a seamless experience, and you’ll receive the latest features and enhancements without missing a step. See HOW TO UPDATE SETTINGS for more information.
You cannot cancel a software update once it has started.
You can contact the Customer Relationship Center, and someone will be happy to walk you through the process or you can contact your dealer.
You will be notified if a Ford Power-Up software update has a cost associated with it.
Keep an eye out for software update icons that might show up on your in-vehicle screen. These icons inform you about your update once clicked:
[SYSTEM UPDATE ICON]: There is an update available. This icon will only appear if Automatic Updates are turned off (Manual setting)
[REMINDER ICON]: A previously scheduled update is about to occur
[SCHEDULING REQUIRED]: An update is available but needs to be scheduled
[PERMISSION REQUIRED]: An update is available but needs your permissioin to proceed
[FAILURE]: An update has failed to complete
[SUCCESS]: An update has completed and is ready for your review
- aFordPass, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply.