How do I check for SYNC®* updates?
You can see if there is a SYNC update available for your vehicle by going to the Ford Owner Support site.
Follow the steps below:
- Visit the SYNC and Navigation Updates page.
- Enter your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and select Check for update.
- Select the SYNC UPDATE AVAILABLE dropdown.
- If your SYNC software is current, you will see a green checkmark and a message stating that an update is not available for your vehicle.
- If your SYNC software is not current, you will see a triangle with an exclamation point (). Follow the on-screen prompts to complete your software update.
How do I troubleshoot USB-installed SYNC software updates?
How do I format my USB drive to exFAT or FAT32 for SYNC updates?
What are the flash drive requirements when performing a SYNC update?
How do I connect SYNC to a Wi-Fi network?
*Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.