How do I activate FordPass™ Connect using SYNC®* 3?
Active your FordPass Connect**-equipped vehicle so that you can start using the complimentary remote features such as Remote Lock/Unlock, Remote Start, or Vehicle Location.
Step 1: Download the FordPass™ App***
- Download the FordPass App on the App Store®**** or Google Play™.
- Log in using your existing Ford Account username and password or create an account.
- Add your FordPass Connect-equipped vehicle to the FordPass App.
Step 2: Activate your FordPass Connect-equipped vehicle
- Tap Vehicle Details in the FordPass App.
- Tap Activate Vehicle. An Activation Pending message will appear.
- Go to your vehicle and start the engine. Ensure your vehicle is parked in a well-ventilated area.
- Allow up to 90 seconds for the prompt to appear on your vehicle's SYNC screen.
- Press Allow on your vehicle's SYNC screen to activate FordPass Connect.
Note: If you do not press Allow within 10 consecutive startups, you will need to restart the activation process from the beginning. If the pop-up does not appear on the SYNC screen:
- Turn the vehicle off and open the driver's door to power down the vehicle.
- Wait 30 seconds and press Activate Vehicle again in the FordPass App.
- Start the vehicle and press Allow on the SYNC screen.
Step 3 (optional): Enable FordPass Connect Connectivity Settings through the SYNC screen
- Tap Settings on your vehicle's SYNC screen.
- Select FordPass Connect.
- Tap Connectivity Settings.
- Toggle On or OFF the following options:
- Vehicle Connectivity
- Vehicle data & Remote ctrl
Did you know?
For select 2018 and newer Ford vehicles, FordPass Connect is equipped with a 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot that allows up to 10 devices to connect at once. Click here to learn how to set up the Wi-Fi hotspot in your vehicle.
*Don’t drive while distracted or while using handheld devices. Use voice-operated systems when possible. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.
**FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), the Ford Pass App, and Complimentary Connected Service are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms and Conditions for details). Connected Service and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent the operation of connected features. Connected Service excludes Wi-Fi hotspot.
***The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
****App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.