How do I set SYNC®* Navigation map preferences?
Map mode can show advanced viewing options. First, identify which generation of SYNC is in your Ford vehicle, then select the appropriate drop-down menu below.
Identifying Your Vehicle's SYNC Generation
There are two resources to help you identify your vehicle's SYNC generation:
- SYNC and Navigation Updates page, which allows you to enter your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) or Login with your Ford credentials, and select Check for update. Your current SYNC generation will appear on the right-hand side of the page.
- SYNC Visual Reference Guide, which has example images of each generation of SYNC Ford has offered.
Setting Map Preferences
Map mode can show advanced viewing options of 2-D city maps, 3-D landmarks, and 3-D city models (when available). Tap one of the following icons to change your view of the map:
- Zoom In displays a closer view of the map.
- Zoom Out displays a more distant view of the map. You can adjust the zoom views in preset increments, as well as pinch to zoom in or out of the map.
- North Up shows the northern direction facing the top of the screen.
- Heading Up shows the direction of forward travel facing the top of the screen.
- 3-D displays an elevated perspective of the map, which can help orient you to your destination as you drive. This icon also displays advanced 3-D views of landmarks and city models (when available).
- Re-center to re-center the map after you’ve scrolled the map away from your vehicle’s current location.
After choosing your destination, press Start Route. The system will guide you to your destination.
SYNC with MyFord Touch
To access the Navigation map, press the Green Navigation Bar in the upper-right corner of the touchscreen. Press the Red Arrow on the upper-left side of the screen to toggle between map modes:
- Heading-up shows the direction of forward travel facing the top of the screen.
- North-up shows the northern direction facing the top of the screen.
- 3-D View shows a see bird’s-eye view and a graphical representation of buildings with a certain tourist value in selected cities.
Press the View button to toggle between different navigation view modes.
- When a route is not active, View toggles between full map and map/exit info modes.
- When a route is active, View toggles between full map, map/exit info view, and map/turn list view.
SYNC with Voice-Activated Navigation
To access Navigation preferences, press the NAV hard button on the navigation system. Press the Map Preferences tab on the screen to choose from the following options:
- Bird’s eye view provides an elevated perspective.
- Turn list format allows you to have the turn instructions begin at the top and work down or at the bottom and work up.
- Map View allows you to choose between full map, arrow/map, turn list/map.
- Map Content allows you to display the current street name, distance to the destination, speed limit, and previously traveled route.
*Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.