What is the towing capacity of my Ford?
A good rule of thumb in the towing* world is this: Know before you tow. That means finding out your Ford vehicle's exact towing capacity before you attempt to move a payload. The towing capacity for your particular vehicle is based on a variety of factors, including:
- The equipment package(s) included with your vehicle.
- The weight and structure of the payload you want to tow.
- The number of passengers with you at time of tow.
To find information for your vehicle, simply reference the RV & Trailer Towing Guide for your vehicle's model year:
- Go to fleet.ford.com.
- Select Parts & Service.
- Choose Towing Guides under Resources.
- Choose the RV & Trailer Towing Guide year for your vehicle.
Information on the following is contained in the RV & Trailer Towing Guide:
- Trailer Towing Selector (trailer weight by vehicle and powertrain)
- Trailer Towing Equipment (information on required items for certain weights)
- Maximum Trailer Weight and Towing Equipment Packages
- Know Before You Tow (important information about towing including payload calculations)