What is a Mega Power Frunk?
The all-electric F-150® Lightning™ is equipped with tons of exciting features, including the Mega Power Frunk – a trunk built into the front of the truck.
You can open the Mega Power Frunk using:
- Your key fob
- The grille-mounted release button
- The FordPass® App
- The SecuriCode® Keyless entry Keypad
- The dashboard button below the headlight knob
- The center console touchscreen
- The service release inside the footwell (providing a helpful manual option if your vehicle loses power)
Plus, you can even remote lock/unlock your frunk from just about anywhere via the FordPass App.
The Mega Power Frunk is designed to carry up to 400 pounds of stuff (depending on vehicle model and trim), like tools, job site materials, power equipment, luggage – you name it. And it’s got the storage space and features to prove it, including:
- 14.1 cubic feet of cargo space, making it the largest front trunk of any all-electric pickup (wide enough to fit two full sets of golf clubs or eight 50-pound bags of concrete)
- A durable, rubberized interior – so you can use your frunk as an ice cooler the next time you’re tailgating
- A built-in drain hole for quick and easy clean up
- Cargo hooks, cargo nets, D-rings and available accessories to help secure whatever’s inside, as well as a removable, no-skid floor mat
- An adjustable opening height for your hood, so your frunk can rest easy even if ceilings are low
Electric in more ways than one
The Mega Power Frunk is also equipped with:
- Four Pro Power Onboard 120V outlets and two USB outlets, delivering up to 2.4 kilowatts of power (enough to charge your smartphone, tablet, a TV, skillets or even a mini fridge while you watch the big game)
- Lights installed in the hood, so you can always get a clear view of your cargo situation, day or night