When should I change the fuel filter in my Ford vehicle?
When the fuel filter gets clogged, your engine’s performance can be affected. A new fuel filter helps remove contaminants from the fuel, while still flowing the proper amount to your engine. And because the engine will run properly, you’ll enjoy optimal performance and efficiency.
When You Should Change Fuel Filters
Because the interval at which you should replace your fuel filter depends on your vehicle model, it's best to refer to your Owner's Manual and Ford Maintenance Schedule for a more specific maintenance schedule. If your vehicle is not listed under Fuel Filter Replacement in the Owner's Manual, your vehicle may have a non-serviceable filter.
You may also want to replace your fuel filter if:
- Your vehicle is difficult to start
- Your vehicle idles rough or stalls
- You experience sluggish acceleration
- You experience decreased fuel economy
- You suspect a bad tank of fuel
Genuine Motorcraft® Fuel Filters
Motorcraft fuel filters are recommended by Ford Motor Company and made specifically for your vehicle.
Motorcraft fuel filters will:
- Help prevent stalling, poor starting, and potential engine failure
- Help improve vehicle performance by ensuring a uniform fuel flow
- Help block impurities and contaminants in your fuel or gas tank before they can enter your engine or clog your injectors
- Remove 90% of particles 20 microns or larger
- Be an exact fit
Visit your Ford Dealer for a replacement Motorcraft fuel filter, or visit parts.ford.com.