What’s Your Ford Maverick Pickup Drive Mode?
The Ford Maverick™ pickup was built to deliver versatility. So whether you’re navigating city streets, exploring a national park or anywhere in between, you’ll find a drive mode that’s engineered for the terrain you find yourself driving on.
- Normal: Made for everyday driving, this is the perfect setting for getting around or away.
- Tow/Haul: This mode ensures you can stay in control while you’re towing and wherever you’re hauling.
- Slippery: Switch to this mode to take on wet and icy roads with confidence. This mode can also be used for crossing terrain where a firm surface is covered with loose, wet or slippery material. Slippery mode lowers throttle response and optimizes shifting for slippery surfaces.
- Eco: This mode monitors changes in shifts and speeds, then adjusts the engine and transmission performance to help maximize fuel efficiency.
- Sport: This mode increases accelerator pedal response and provides a sportier steering feel. The powertrain system holds onto lower gears longer, helping the vehicle accelerate faster.
The available FX4 Off-Road Package gives you access to these additional drive modes, which work by engaging the AWD lock:
- Mud & Ruts: This mode enhances vehicle performance to traverse muddy, rutted or uneven terrains.
- Sand: Engage this mode for off-road driving on soft, dry sand or deep snow.
Always consult the Owner’s Manual before off-road driving, know your terrain and trail difficulty, and use appropriate safety gear.