What is the recommended engine coolant for my Ford?
Vehicle coolant, also known as antifreeze, circulates through the engine and absorbs heat, helping keep the engine at the right operating temperature.
To find which type of coolant you need for your vehicle:
- Access FCSD Chemicals and Lubricants Quick Reference Charts.
- Look for the A/C AND ENGINE COOLING heading.
- Click on the PDF icon to the left of Motorcraft®* Engine Antifreeze/Coolants and Other Engine Cooling System Products Usage Charts.
- Once downloaded, open the PDF.
- Look for your vehicle year and model in the chart.
- Refer to the Notes section under the charts to understand how the color-coding applies to your vehicle.
For instructions on how to check and add engine coolant, refer to your Owner's Manual under Engine Coolant Check in the Maintenance section.
*Motorcraft® is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company.