When should I have my Ford brakes inspected?
Ford recommends having your brakes inspected every 10,000 miles, depending on your vehicle model.
Have your brakes inspected immediately if:
- Your brake pedal feels squishy or goes to the floor
- The brake system warning light turns on
- You feel a steering wheel vibration while driving, with or without the brakes applied
- You hear a squealing or grinding sound, with or without the brakes applied
- You smell a burning odor
- You see metallic flakes peeling off the brakes
- You see deep gouges or scratches on your brake rotors