What Is Ford Anti-Theft Alarm System?
The Anti-Theft Alarm system will warn you of an unauthorized entry to your vehicle. It will be triggered if any door, the luggage compartment, or the hood is opened without using the key, remote control or keyless entry keypad. The direction indicators will flash and the horn will sound if unauthorized entry is attempted while the alarm is armed.
Arming the Alarm
The alarm is ready to arm when there is not a key in the ignition. Electronically lock the vehicle (using the remote or keypad) to arm the alarm.
Disarming the Alarm
Disarm the alarm by any of the following actions:
- Unlock the doors or luggage compartment with the remote control or, keyless entry keypad.
- Switch the ignition on or start the vehicle.
- Use a key in the driver’s door to unlock the vehicle, then switch the ignition on within 12 seconds.
- Take all remote controls to an authorized Ford Dealer if there is any potential alarm problem with your vehicle.
- Pressing the panic button on the remote control will stop the horn and signal indicators, but will not disarm the system.