I am having issues with Vehicle Connectivity Settings. What do I do?
If you are experiencing issues with the Vehicle Connectivity Settings, try the troubleshooting tips below. Follow the steps in the sequence listed and check after each step to see if the issue is resolved.
Tip 1: Perform a key cycle.
- Turn the vehicle off.
- Open the driver’s door and lock the door.
- Close the driver’s door.
- Wait two minutes and ensure the radio display turns off completely.
- Restart the vehicle.
Tip 2: Turn off and turn on Connectivity Settings.
- Go to the Connectivity Settings menu on your vehicle's SYNC®* screen.
- Settings > FordPass® Connect** > Connectivity Settings.
- Turn Vehicle Connectivity Off.
- Wait for 1 minute.
- Turn Vehicle Connectivity On again.
Tip 3: Perform a Master Reset.
- Press Settings on your vehicle's SYNC screen.
- Tap General.
- Press the scroll bar or swipe vertically until you see Master Reset.
- Press Master Reset. A message confirming that all system settings will be erased and reset to factory defaults will appear.
- Press Continue. A Resetting to factory defaults message will appear, the system will turn off and the screen will go blank. It may take a few minutes for the system to reset and resume normal operation.
If the troubleshooting steps above do not resolve the issue, contact your local Ford Dealer for assistance.
*Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.
**FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), the Ford Pass® App, and Complimentary Connected Service are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms for details). Connected Service and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. Connected Service excludes Wi-Fi hotspot.
At purchase, the FordPass Connect modem is connected and sending vehicle data (e.g., diagnostics) to Ford. To disable, or for more information, see in-vehicle connectivity settings. Learn more at www.fordconnected.com.