What is Phone As A Key?
In order to use Phone As A Key with FordPass™, you must:
- Have the app downloaded to your device.
- Have an active FordPass account and be logged in.
- Have a properly equipped vehicle added to the app.
- Currently the Ford Mach-E.
- Enable your Customer Connectivity Settings (CCS).
- Authorize your embedded modem.
- Enable your phone's Bluetooth®.
- Bluetooth version must be 4.2+.
- Supported mobile device running Android 8.0+ or iOS 13.0+.
Turn your phone into a key fob with FordPass Phone As A Key feature. You can use Phone As A Key provided that your phone is within Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Range. This range should be about 30-50 meters. Passive entry range is within 2 meters.
With vehicles properly equipped with Phone As A Key technology, you will be able to use the following in addition to your Remote Commands:
- Windows Up
- Windows Down
- Horn & Lights