What is Phone As A Key™* in FordPass®**?
The Phone As A Key feature allows you to turn your phone into a key fob with the FordPass App. You can use Phone As A Key provided that your phone is within Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Range. This range should be about 30-50 meters. The passive entry range is within 2 meters.
With vehicles properly equipped with Phone As A Key technology, you will be able to use the following in addition to your Remote Commands:
- Windows Up
- Windows Down
- Horn & Lights
Important: As this is not a standard feature, please ensure all following pre-conditions are met before attempting to use:
- Your vehicle is properly equipped to use Phone As A Key.
- FordPass is downloaded to your device and you have an account.
- Either facial recognition, fingerprint recognition, or a passcode is set up on your mobile device.
- Your Customer Connectivity Settings (CCS) are enabled.
- Your FordPass® Connect*** modem is activated.
- Your phone's Bluetooth®**** is enabled and running version 4.2+.
- You have a supported mobile device running Android™***** 8.0+ or iOS****** 13.0+.
*Available on select vehicles. Requires feature activation. Not compatible with all smartphones.
**The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
***FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), the FordPass App, and Complimentary Connected Services are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms for details). Connected Services and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. Connected services exclude Wi-Fi hotspot.
****The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
*****Android is a trademark of Google Inc. The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
******iOS is a service mark of Apple Inc.