FordPass Mobile App
Information We Collect:
We collect the following types of information through your use of FordPass or third-party services that integrate with FordPass:
- Information you provide to create an account, sign in to an existing account, or use available services such as name, email address, photo, street address, telephone number, credit card, Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), and vehicle service records. You must have an account to use FordPass mobile app and to access certain functionality on the FordPass website.
- Depending on the vehicle’s equipment, the services/features available in the vehicle, and the settings applicable to those services/features, Connected Vehicle Information including:
- Vehicle Location: Non-precise or precise location/GPS information, including current vehicle location, travel direction, speed, charging locations used (if applicable), and information about the environment where the vehicle is operated (such as weather, road segment data, trail and road surface conditions and geometry, traffic signs, and other surroundings, may be collected from the vehicle in connection with location-based functions of FordPass. Vehicle Location may also be derived from IP address.
- Driving Data (may also be referred to as Driving Characteristics and Behavior): Information about how the vehicle is operated and used (such as speed, use of accelerator, brakes, steering, seat belts, etc.).
- Vehicle Data (may also be referred to as Vehicle Information): Information about the vehicle, its components and parts, including their status and performance and diagnostics of vehicle systems (such as the VIN, hardware model and part numbers, odometer, tire pressure, fuel and fluid levels, battery and lock status, trouble codes, warning indicators, alerts, and SYNC diagnostics), vehicle charging information (if applicable), and other information about how the vehicle is performing.
- Audio/Visual (may also be referred to as Connected Voice Data, Digital Assistant, or Ford Assistant): Voice commands and other utterances captured when the vehicle’s voice recognition system is in “active listen” state.
Connected Vehicle Information collected through your use of FordPass or third-party services that integrate with FordPass may be associated with a vehicle’s unique identification number (“vehicle identification number” or “VIN”) or other identifiers, and those identifiers may be linked to you.
We may collect Connected Vehicle Information from the vehicle in de-identified form, such that the information cannot reasonably be linked back to you. We may also de-identify Connected Vehicle Information and use it for any purpose in accordance with applicable law.
Certain “Connected Services” (which are services that use Connected Vehicle Information) require connection between your account and the vehicle’s FordPass Connect modem using the FordPass app.
- Mobile Device Location: Precise location information is collected from your mobile device in connection with location-based functions of FordPass. This information includes Global Positioning System (GPS) data and location derived from IP address. This information can be used to determine your device’s current location, travel direction and speed. If you have enabled location services on your device, this data may be collected when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from other device data such as Wi-Fi access points, cell towers, and your IP address, whether location services are on or turned off, through the permission system used by your mobile operating system.
- Computer or Mobile Device Information, such as software or operating system version, unique device identifiers (for example, serial numbers), IP address, and mobile network information.
- Information about how you use FordPass or third-party services that integrate with FordPass, such as when and for how long you use features and when you contact us, a record of your communication.
- FordPass may also use tracking technologies that collect information about how FordPass is used and how it is performing including if it crashes, and which may be able to be connected across devices and over time. These may include cookies (small files that are stored on your computer or device), pixels or web beacons (small pieces of code placed on web pages and content that communicate when the page or content has been viewed), log data (logs created that include IP address, date and time of activity, and the website or location that referred you to FordPass), or third-party analytics tools, such as Adobe Analytics, Aptelligent, and DynaTrace). Some of these technologies can be limited or deactivated through your browser or device settings, but some cannot. FordPass does not respond to “Do-Not-Track” requests.
How We Use Information We Collect:
- We use your personal information – information that reasonably identifies you – to provide you with great functionality and services, allow you to control certain vehicle features, fulfill requests you’ve made in FordPass, make recommendations (if applicable) and personalize your experience, troubleshoot problems, develop new and improved products, services, and marketing strategies and research, to protect safety, property, privacy, and security, or to comply with legal requirements.
- If you provide us with an email address for forward-to-a-friend functionality, we will use the email solely for the purpose of forwarding to your intended recipient. WE MAY send communications about products, services, offers, promotions, news, and more that are customized based on your personal information, including your location, speed, and driving characteristics.
- You may choose not to provide certain personal information (such as not entering a VIN to connect to your vehicle or not entering a credit card to use My Wallet services), but this may limit or prevent use of certain features.
- We may combine the information we collect through your use of FordPass or third-party services that integrate with FordPass with other information you have previously provided or that we have collected from other sources.
- We may de-identify information we collect about you and use it for any purpose in accordance with applicable law.
How We Share Information:
We do not provide personal information obtained through FordPass to anyone for independent use without providing you a choice, except as follows:
- We may share personal information obtained through FordPass and FordPass Rewards, including vehicle information and information regarding FordPass Rewards, with our authorized dealers and our affiliates (the group of companies related by common control or ownership).
- We may share information related to the current status of vehicle systems and vehicle health alerts ("Vehicle Health Information") obtained through FordPass with our authorized dealers so they may more conveniently assist in the diagnosis and repair of the vehicle. You can manage your permissions relating to Vehicle Health Information in the Privacy tile of FordPass.
- We share your personal information with trusted service providers under agreements that limit how they may use your personal information and require adequate safeguards.
- We may provide personal information to external companies under contract with us to enable delivery of the services and where they are subject to confidentiality and security obligations.
- We may share your personal information without notice to you where we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to: comply with a legal requirement or enforceable governmental request; protect and defend our or our affiliates’ rights or property; act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Ford or affiliate personnel, users of our vehicles, websites or apps, or the public; and detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, safety, or privacy issues.
- To provide you with connected navigation services through your in-vehicle infotainment system, we use cloud-based location services provided by Telenav, Inc. (“Telenav”) or Garmin International, Inc (“Garmin”). For SYNC3 connected navigation services, Telenav obtains certain information, including: a unique user ID assigned by Ford, your current GPS location and planned route and/or destination information from your SYNC 3 in-vehicle system or mobile device, your address or point of interest search requests and search results selections, information about your use of the location search service, its performance, and your related actions and selections. Telenav may use this information to provide, improve, and enhance its products and services. For Connected Navigation (90-day trial) or Connected Built-In Navigation (3 years of service), Telenav or Garmin (depending on vehicle equipment and services used) may receive information including a unique vehicle identifier, the vehicle’s current GPS location, route and/or destination information, address or point of interest search requests, results, and selections.
- The first name associated with your FordPass account may be shared with other FordPass account holders, for example, when you request access to other FordPass account holders’ vehicles.
We may share de-identified information in accordance with applicable law. For example, de-identified information about the environment where the vehicle is operated may be shared with third parties.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident and the processing of personal information about you is subject to the CCPA, you have certain rights with respect to that information. Click here to read how you can exercise your rights.
You may also have rights under California’s “Shine the Light”. You can exercise such rights by clicking here.
How to Contact Us, Access, or Control the Use of Your Information:
For more information or to request correction or removal of personal information, contact us at
800-232-5952 (TDD for the hearing impaired)
Available M-F 8:00 am - 11:00 pm EST
Available Sat. 8:00 am – 8:00 pm EST
Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126
Security and Retention of Your Information:
We use systems, policies, procedures, and technology to provide reasonable security to protect and maintain the security and accuracy of your information. We will only retain your personal information for so long as reasonably necessary to fulfill legitimate business purposes.