How do I Remote Start using FordPass®*?
To use Remote Commands with FordPass:
- Your vehicle must have SYNC/FordPass Connect™**.
- Your vehicle must be added to the Home tab.
- Your vehicle must be activated.
- Open the FordPass App.
- Navigate to the Home landing page.
- Press and hold the Engine Start button to start your vehicle.
- An alert will be displayed once your vehicle has started successfully.
- The alert banner displays for 10 seconds.
- After selecting to remote start, your vehicle can run for five, ten, or fifteen minutes before shutting off.
- To configure your run duration, review the Extend Remote Start steps.
- If your vehicle fails to automatically shut off, you will be notified.
- If you are having experiencing issues, please try the Remote Start Troubleshooting steps.
*The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
**FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), the FordPass App, and Complimentary Connected Services are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms for details). Connected Services and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. Connected services exclude Wi-Fi hotspot.