Why activate the modem in your Ford?
Activating your built-in modem* is quick, simple – and provides access to convenient FordPass® App** features and benefits. Once everything is all set up, you can:
- Remote start†/stop your vehicle with your mobile device
- Take advantage of climate control options in your vehicle settings to heat or cool the cabin the next time you use the remote start system
- Stay up to date on vehicle health information and regular maintenance needs, check your current fuel level or battery range, get Vehicle Health Alerts and even start the scheduling process for a service appointment
- Drive with confidence knowing you've got 24/7 access to Roadside Assistance†† at your fingertips, so you can get the help you need – when and where you need it
- Turn your vehicle into a Wi-Fi hotspot,‡ connect up to 10 devices and access the signal from up to 50 feet outside your vehicle
*FordPass Connect™, (optional on select vehicles), [SYNC Connect for 2017/2018 model year vehicles)] [, the FordPass App.,] and FordPass Connect Service are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms for details). Connected Service is now complimentary for remote features excluding Wi-Fi hotspot. Connected service and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features.
**FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply.
†Requires automatic transmission
††Roadside Assistance is included for certain owners and available to everyone for a per-service fee. Ford reserves the right to change program details without obligations. Ford Roadside Assistance is a complimentary offering to all Ford owners for up to 5 years or 60,000 miles (from the date of sale), whichever occurs first. EV Owners: Beyond 35 miles, your vehicle will be taken to the closest public charger or EV Certified Ford Dealer.
‡Wi-Fi hotspot includes complimentary wireless data trial that begins upon AT&T activation and expires at the end of 3 months or when 3GB of data is used, whichever comes first. To activate, go to www.att.com/ford.