How do I activate the modem in my Mustang Mach-E?
The FordPass™ App puts the Mustang Mach-E ownership experience in the palm of your hand.* Access Phone As A Key,** get Vehicle Health Alerts† and make finding and paying for charging simple. Discover how to make your drive your own below.
How to Activate FordPass Connect††
- Download FordPass from the App Store® or Google Play™
- Log in with your Ford account or create an account if you don’t already have one
- Press the + sign to add your vehicle to FordPass
- Scan or type in your VIN and select “Activate Vehicle”
- Start your Mustang Mach-E and select “Yes” to enable FordPass Connected Services on the dashboard SYNC® 4A touchscreen to complete activation
Did You Purchase Online?
If you purchased your Mustang Mach-E online and activated FordPass Connect before delivery, please do the following:
- Once you've taken delivery, start your vehicle and select “Yes” on the dashboard SYNC 4A touchscreen to enable FordPass Connected Services and complete activation
To access all the connected features and benefits of FordPass, please follow these steps:
- Download FordPass from the App Store or Google Play (if you have not done so already)
- Log in with your Ford account
- Your VIN has been prepopulated for you so you can access the connected features of FordPass
Need More Help?
If you’re having trouble, FordGuides are here to help. Call 800 392-3673.
Use these links to finish setting up your Mustang Mach-E:
*FordPass, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
**Available on select vehicles. Requires feature activation.
†Vehicle Health Alerts requires SYNC 3 (version 2.0 or newer) or SYNC 4 and a data connection via a mobile device or FordPass Connect.™ See SYNC interface, a dealer or a Ford Guide for more information. Aftermarket on-board diagnostic devices may interfere with various vehicle systems, including Vehicle Health Report and 911 Assist.® To avoid interference, remove the device or contact the device maker for more information on compatibility.
††FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), the Ford Pass App., and complimentary Connected Service are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms for details). Connected service and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. Connected service excludes Wi-Fi hotspot.
App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Google Play is a trademark of Google LLC.