What Is the Ford Driver Alert System?
Available Driver Alert System can monitor your level of alertness based on your driving behavior.
How it works
If the system detects that your driving pattern has become irregular, it gives you an audible and visual warning in your instrument cluster to help keep you alert. The warning system has two stages:
- At first, the system issues a temporary warning that you need to take a rest. This message only appears for a short time.
- If the system detects further reduction in driving alertness, it may issue another warning that remains in the information display for a longer time.
You can press OK on the steering wheel control to clear the warning.
Activating/Deactivating Driver Alert System
You can turn the Driver Alert System on or off using:
- The information display
- Driver Assist > Driver Alert > Choose On or Off.
- Your vehicle's SYNC® screen (if equipped)
- Settings > Driver Assistance > Driver Alert > Toggle On or Off.
Resetting the System
You can reset the system by either:
- Switching the ignition off and on.
- Stopping the vehicle and then opening and closing the driver’s door.
- Keep the windshield free from obstructions. For example, bird droppings, insects, and snow or ice.
- If the camera is blocked or if the windshield is damaged, the system may not function.
- The system remembers the On or Off setting in the information display menu through ignition cycles.
- If enabled in the menu, the Driver Alert System activates at speeds above 40 mph (64 km/h). When below the activation speed, the information display informs you that the system is unavailable.
Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment, and need to control the vehicle. See your Owner’s Manual for details and limitations.