How do I put my Mustang Mach-E into Temporary Neutral Mode?
Engage Temporary Neutral Mode to keep your vehicle in Neutral (N) for a limited time after turning off or exiting your vehicle. You can use this when entering a car wash to allow your vehicle to roll freely.
- Your vehicle could shift to P (Park) after 30 minutes, or when the vehicle battery charge level is low. Prolonged use of this mode can cause the 12 V battery to run out of charge.
- Do not tow your vehicle in this mode.
Using Temporary Neutral Mode
Entering Temporary Neutral Mode
- Bring your vehicle to a complete stop. Press and hold the brake pedal.
- Shift the vehicle into N (Neutral). An instructional message appears in the instrument cluster display.
- Press the L (Low) button in the center of the rotary dial. A confirmation message appears when your vehicle enters Neutral mode.
- Release the brake pedal. Your vehicle is now free to roll.
- Switch your Mustang Mach-E off.
The vehicle will remain in Neutral for 30 minutes. The Neutral (N) indicator on the transmission selector may flash in this mode.
Exiting Temporary Neutral Mode
- Press the brake pedal.
- Shift the vehicle into Park (P), or power your vehicle on and shift into Drive (D) or Reverse (R).