FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Select the arrows below to access answers to commonly asked questions
Are complimentary remote features available for my vehicle?
Ford is the only non-luxury automaker to offer complimentary remote features to all customers with FordPass Connect (embedded modem). All 2021 model-year and newer Ford vehicles are equipped with FordPass Connect.
What do I need to do before I can start using Connect and Control?
Make sure you're fully connected:
- Your vehicle needs an active FordPass Connect embedded modem
- Your vehicle needs to be added to the FordPass App garage
How do I remove a vehicle from the app garage?
- First, go to the Vehicle tab
- Then scroll to the bottom of the screen
- Tap the Remove Vehicle button
- You’ve successfully removed your vehicle
What should I do if remote start stops working?
- Make sure you’re logged into FordPass with the correct credentials
- Make sure your vehicle isn’t in Deep Sleep Mode
- Check your instrument cluster to see that Remote Start is on
- Navigate to Settings > Vehicle > Remote Start > System
- Set Remote Start to on
- Make sure your hood and trunk are closed
- Verify that the Check Engine Light isn’t on - Check the FordPass message center for Check Engine Light notifications
- You’ll have to resolve any Check Engine Light causes before you can use the app’s remote start feature