Why is my remote lock/unlock* not working in FordPass®**?
If your remote lock/unlock command fails in FordPass, take the following steps:
- Ensure that your vehicle is not in Deep Sleep mode.
- Check all doors, tailgate, trunk, and hood to make sure none are open.
- Restart your mobile device and try the lock/unlock command again.
- Attempt to lock your doors using your key fob to ensure there is no issue with your vehicle's doors.
If your key fob works and FordPass does not, contact a Guide for further assistance.
- Your windows and sunroof will not close automatically when remotely locked using the FordPass App.
- Ford does not encourage the locking of keys in the vehicle due to safety and theft concerns.
- Ford is not able to remotely lock or unlock your doors should your keys be locked in your vehicle. If you are completely locked out of your vehicle, contact our Roadside Assistance† department for additional support.
*Remote lock/unlock requires power door locks.
**The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
†Roadside Assistance is included for certain owners and available to everyone for a per-service fee. Ford reserves the right to change program details without obligations.