How to access mobile applications using SYNC AppLink
With SYNC® AppLink™ you can control some of your favorite mobile applications through SYNC. To use SYNC AppLink, you must first download a SYNC-compatible mobile app on your phone, and then pair and connect your phone to SYNC.
To read more about SYNC AppLink and to find out what applications are available, see SYNC AppLink Overview.27
Please note: SYNC AppLink is available on select models and compatible with select smartphone platforms. SYNC AppLink is not compatible with MyFord Touch. Commands may vary by phone and SYNC AppLink software.
- Ensure SYNC AppLink is available on your vehicle
- Download a SYNC AppLink compatible mobile app
- Ensure your phone is paired and connected to SYNC
- Turn on Bluetooth on your mobile phone and make it discoverable
- Press the Voice button on your steering wheel.
- Say the command "Mobile Apps."
- SYNC will respond, “Mobile apps, please say a command.” State the name of the application. You can also say “List Mobile Apps” to hear a listing of available apps.
- Control the application using the appropriate commands.