What Is Reverse Brake Assist?
Reverse Brake Assist can help reduce or avoid a collision when backing up by automatically applying the brakes when the system detects an object in the vehicle’s path.*
How it works
- Reverse Brake Assist utilizes radar sensors on the rear bumper to detect objects and help reduce or avoid a collision.
- The system is active when the vehicle is in Reverse and traveling at a speed above 1 mph but below 7 mph.
- A message and warning indicator will appear when the system automatically applies the brakes.
How to turn Reverse Brake Assist on or off
- While in Park, touch Settings on your vehicle's SYNC® screen.**
- Tap Driver Assistance.
- Scroll down to Reverse Brake Assist to toggle on or off.
*Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment, and need to control the vehicle. See your Owner’s Manual for details and limitations.
**Actual screens may vary. See your Owner’s Manual for information specific to your vehicle.