How Do I Unlock My Ford when the Intelligent Access Key Is not Working?
The Intelligent Access key contains a removable mechanical key blade. Use it to unlock the driver door in case the remote transmitter battery loses its charge.
Accessing the key blade
- Slide the release on the back of the transmitter
- Either pull out the key blade or pivot the cover off
The key cylinder is located under a cap on the driver door handle. To insert the key blade and unlock the door, you must first remove the cap.
Removing the cap
- Insert the key blade into the slot on the bottom of the handle and press up.
- Applying upward pressure, move the cap rearward to release it. Gently remove the key while doing so.
Reinstalling the cap
- Place the cap just forward of the key cylinder.
- Applying pressure to the cap, move it forward until it is in place. You may hear a snap as it engages. Make sure you have properly installed the cap by trying to move it rearward.
Once you are in the vehicle, there is a pocket in the center console or a slot in the steering column made for the key fob. Place the key in the slot and press the Start/Stop button to start your vehicle.
- The method of accessing the key blade and changing the transmitter battery varies based on the type of key fob your vehicle came with.
- The backup keys that came with your vehicle have a security tag that provides important vehicle key cut information. Keep these tags in a safe place for reference.