Commercial vehicles have to withstand the severity of everyday on-the-job duty. That’s why the Transit Connect was vigorously tested to 150,000 customer-equivalent miles.
• Through computer-aided engineering, simulated models were put through extensive durability, crash, NVH (noise/vibration/harshness) and vehicle dynamic tests.
• Doors and attached hardware underwent 250,000 opening/slamming cycles.
• Models were torture-tested in the labs under severe temperature and humidity conditions.
• Chassis components and underbody structure were tested at the proving grounds under extreme road conditions to help ensure structural integrity....less
Efforts to minimize noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) helped create a comfortable riding environment. Among them:
• The camshaft drive belt system of the 2.5L iVCT engine features a low-noise design. Individual parts were subjected to extensive vibration testing.
• Vehicle parts underwent extensive vibration testing under the worst road conditions.
• Acoustic-laminated design of the windshield reduces wind noise (XLT and Titanium passenger wagon).
• Instead of the hydraulic steering system with its belt-driven pump, Transit Connect features the quieter operation of electric power-assist steering (EPAS)....less
By entering your mobile phone number, you expressly consent to receive a text message on your mobile phone. Standard messaging and data plan rates may apply.