Why is the wireless charging pad in my Ford not charging my phone?
Qi wireless charging is a global standard used by many smartphone companies. Not all phones support this method of charging.
If your phone is not compatible with Qi wireless charging, you may experience the following issues while using the wireless charging pad in your vehicle:
- There is an error message stating the phone has been mispositioned (when the phone is not mispositioned).
- The charging pad is inoperative.
- The charging pad is charging slowly.
- The phone charging icon in the center of the SYNC®* screen is not showing.
Refer to your smartphone's Owner's Manual to see if it meets the Qi wireless charging standard.
- If it is not Qi-compatible, you can still use a USB port with a USB cable to charge your phone. Note: Some smartphones require a case that acts as an adaptor to work with wireless charging.
- If it is Qi-compatible, does not require an adaptor, and you are still experiencing these symptoms, bring your vehicle to your preferred Ford Dealer for diagnosis.
*Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.