How do I pair my phone with SYNC®* Gen 1?
- Turn on Bluetooth®** on your device.
- Turn on discoverability on your phone. This is normally a timed function so you will want to work quickly to complete the pairing from this point.
- Press the Phone button on the radio unit to enter the phone menu.
- Add Bluetooth Device will be displayed on the screen or use the seek buttons or directional arrows to navigate until it is displayed. Press OK.
- Find SYNC will be displayed. Press OK.
- A six-digit PIN will display on the screen. It will stay on the screen for up to 3 minutes while pairing is completed.
- On the phone, go to the Bluetooth Settings and select SYNC. Some devices search automatically, such as an iPhone, but some devices may require you to search for a device.
- Enter the PIN shown on the SYNC Screen into the device and press Enter.
- The device should pair and you should receive a message that the pairing was successful.
- Watch the device and SYNC and answer any additional prompts or questions that either device asks.
- If a phone is deleted/removed from SYNC or SYNC is deleted/removed from a device, a new pairing will be required.
- The vehicle must be completely stopped (i.e. in park) to pair a phone.
- The pairing process can be different on each phone. Watching both the phone and the SYNC system for any messages is the best way to successfully pair a phone.
For information specific to your vehicle, refer to your Owner's Manual.
Back to Pairing a phone with SYNC
*Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.
**The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc.