How do I activate FordPass® Connect* using SYNC®** 4A?
- Download the FordPass® App*** on the App Store® or Google Play™****.
- Log in using your existing Ford Account username and password or create an account.
- Press the + sign to add your vehicle to the FordPass App.
- Scan or type in your VIN.
- Select Activate Vehicle.
- Go to your vehicle and start the engine.
- Enable Connectivity Settings using your in-vehicle SYNC screen.
- Tap on the Vehicle icon in the upper-left corner.
- Press the Settings tab.
- Tap Connectivity and toggle On Vehicle Data, Vehicle Location, Driving Data, and Vehicle Analytics.
Back to FordPass Connect Modem Activation
What are SYNC 4 navigation options?
How do I renew my SYNC 4 navigation services?
What is the difference between SYNC 4 and SYNC 4A?
*FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), the Ford Pass App, and Complimentary Connected Service are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms and Conditions for details). Connected Service and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent the operation of connected features. Connected Service excludes Wi-Fi hotspot.
**Don’t drive while distracted or while using handheld devices. Use voice-operated systems when possible. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.
***The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
****App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.