How do I set up the Wi-Fi Hotspot* with SYNC® 3?
For select 2018 and newer Ford vehicles, FordPass™ Connect** is equipped with a 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot that allows up to 10 devices to connect at once. Follow the steps below to sign up and start using a Wi-Fi hotspot.
Step 1: Download the FordPass®*** App.
- Download the FordPass App on the App Store®**** or Google Play™*****.
- Log in using your existing Ford Account username and password or create an account.
- Add your FordPass Connect-equipped vehicle.
Step 2: Activate your FordPass Connect-equipped vehicle.
- Tap Vehicle Details in the FordPass App.
- Tap Activate Vehicle. An Activation Pending message will appear.
- Go to your vehicle and start the engine.
- Press Allow on your vehicle's SYNC® screen to activate FordPass Connect.
Step 3: Set up a data plan.
- Tap the blue Vehicle Hotspot button in the FordPass App.
- Select one of the options that appear for information on data plans:
- Manage my Account
- Set Up Data Plan
- Learn More
Step 4: Enable the Wi-Fi Hotspot.
- Start your vehicle.
- Touch Settings on your vehicle's SYNC screen.
- Select either Wi-Fi & Hotspot or FordPass Connect, whichever your vehicle displays.
- Select Vehicle Hotspot.
- Slide the Toggle button to the right to enable the Wi-Fi hotspot.
Step 5: Connect your device to the vehicle's Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Go to the Settings menu on your device.
- Toggle the Wi-Fi button to ON and wait for the available networks to load.
- Select the name of your vehicle's Wi-Fi Hotspot (SSID).
- Note: If you do not see it listed, try toggling your phone's Wi-Fi off and on again.
- Enter your vehicle's Wi-Fi Hotspot password to connect your device to the vehicle's hotspot.
***The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply.
*Wi‑Fi hotspot includes wireless data trial that begins upon AT&T activation and expires at the end of 3 months or when 3 GB of data is used, whichever comes first, but cannot extend beyond the complimentary subscription period for remote features. To activate, go to www.att.com/ford.
**FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), the Ford Pass App, and Complimentary Connected Service are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms and Conditions for details). Connected Service and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. Connected Service excludes Wi-Fi hotspot.
****App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
******Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.