How do I pair my phone with SYNC®* 3?
Before you start
- Your vehicle must be in Park and running, not in Accessory mode.
- Make sure you are in a well-ventilated area.
How to pair a phone
- Press Phone on your vehicle's SYNC 3 screen.
- Tap Add Device. If there is already a paired phone, SYNC 3 displays the name of that device.
- Scan for devices on the phone until SYNC 3 is found. It will display as "SYNC" or the model of your vehicle (e.g., F-150).
- Select the SYNC 3 result from the previous step on your phone.
- If you are prompted to enter a PIN, enter the one from the SYNC screen.
- If you are not prompted to enter a PIN, confirm that the PIN displayed by SYNC 3 matches the PIN displayed on the phone.
- Press Pair on your phone and Yes on your SYNC touchscreen.
- You will see a Pairing Successful message.
- You will be able to turn on or turn off 911 Assist and Auto-Download contacts.
- Press Finish to complete the pairing.
How to pair an additional phone
- Press the paired phone.
- Touch View Devices.
- Tap Add a Bluetooth Device and follow the prompts.
SYNC will now ask if you want the phone as your favorite meaning SYNC would like you to choose which phone you would like connected if there is more than one paired phone in the vehicle.
Note: You can pair multiple devices, but only one device can be used with SYNC at a time.
Back to Pairing a phone with SYNC
What do I do if my phone is not pairing?
What do I do if I am unable to download my contacts?
What do I do if I am having issues with text messaging?
How do I use 911 Assist with SYNC 3?
How do I find the ESN on SYNC 3?
Actual screens may vary. See your Owner’s Manual for information specific to your vehicle.
*Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.