How to make and receive hands-free calls with SYNC
Once your Bluetooth®-enabled phone is paired with and connected to SYNC®, you can answer a call by touching a button. Transfer your phonebook to SYNC and use simple voice commands to call any of your contacts by name and location, like "Call Mary at office."27,48
- Make sure that your phone is compatible with SYNC by checking our compatibility chart
- Pair your phone to SYNC and download your phonebook
- Familiarize yourself with the controls in your vehicle
- If you’d like to call contacts by name, be sure you transfer your phonebook to SYNC
- To make a hands-free call, press or pull the Voice button.
You’ll hear a tone that indicates SYNC is listening. SYNC may prompt, “SYNC. Please say a command.”
- Say “Phone.” After SYNC confirms it has heard you, say one of the following:
Dial <after system responds with "number please," say the number>
Call <name of contact as it’s listed in your phonebook>
Call <name of contact and location as it’s listed in your phonebook>
SYNC may prompt you to confirm the number or the name and location of your contact.
- Say your choice to confirm your selection. When your call is answered, begin speaking.
- To end your call, press and hold the Phone or End Call button for a few seconds.
- To receive a hands-free call, press the Phone or Call Answer button and begin speaking.
If you choose to ignore the call, it will be logged as a missed call.
Continuing a call when you get in or out of your vehicle
If you’re on a call while getting into your vehicle, and your phone is already paired, simply turn on your vehicle. The call will transfer automatically to SYNC.
If you want to continue your call as you get out of your vehicle, turn off your vehicle and open the door. The call will transfer automatically to your phone. If you stay in your vehicle in Park, the 10-minute-accessory-delay feature will keep the call connected for 10 minutes, or until a door is opened.