How do I use SYNC®* AppLink®**?
SYNC AppLink allows you to use voice commands and the steering wheel buttons in your vehicle to control your favorite apps on your smartphone or other devices.
To use SYNC AppLink:
- Ensure your phone is paired and connected to SYNC.
- Turn on Bluetooth®*** on your mobile phone and make it discoverable.
- Press the Voice button on your steering wheel.
- Say the command "Mobile Apps."
- SYNC will respond, “Mobile apps, please say a command.” State the name of the application. You can also say “List Mobile Apps” to hear a listing of available apps.
- Control the application using the appropriate commands.
- SYNC AppLink is no longer available for download on the App Store®**** or Google Play™.
- SYNC AppLink is not compatible with SYNC® with MyFord Touch®.
*Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.
**Commands may vary by phone and AppLink software.
***The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
****App Store is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Google Play is a trademark of Google LLC.