How do I activate Android Auto™* using SYNC®** 4A?
SYNC 4A allows you to use Android Auto to access your phone and make calls, send and receive messages, or listen to music.
- Wireless connection:
- Android™ smartphones with Android 11.0 and 5GHz Wi‑Fi
- Google or Samsung®*** smartphones with Android 10.0
- Samsung Galaxy S8®, Galaxy S8+®, and Note 9® (all using Android 9.0)
- USB connection: Android phones running Android 6.0 or higher, with an active data plan
To activate Android Auto:
- Download the latest version of the Android Auto app on your smartphone and other Google™**** apps including Google, Google Maps™, and Google Play™ Music.
- Pair your Android Auto-compatible smartphone using Bluetooth®***** or, if required, connect it to a USB port using a high-quality USB cable. A pop-up message will appear on your SYNC screen the first time you connect.
- Select Continue.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions on SYNC and on your smartphone. Android Auto will appear on your SYNC screen.
Note: Some SYNC features such as the optional navigation system and SYNC AppLink® will not be available when using Android Auto.
Back to Activate Android Auto with SYNC
*Requires phone with active data service and compatible software. SYNC 4 does not control 3rd party products while in use. 3rd Parties are solely responsible for their respective functionality.
**Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.
***Samsung, Samsung Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, and Samsung Note 9 are trademarks of Samsung.
****Google, Google Maps, Google Play, and Android Auto are trademarks of Google LLC.
*****The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc.