How Do I Check My Ford's Battery?
A healthy battery is one of the many key components to proper vehicle operation. It helps start the engine and helps keep the electronics running.
Like all parts, batteries run their course too. Mileage and age are major factors. Idling for long periods of time and extreme temperatures can also shorten battery life.
Have your battery tested at your Ford Dealer if you see or experience the following:
- Corrosion around the terminals or posts
- Damage on the terminals or posts
- Frays or cuts in the battery cables
- Loose battery cables or terminals
- Worn drive belts
- Bulging or deformation in the battery casing
- Movement or wiggling of the battery in its mounting
- Constant charging or electrical system problems
- Difficulty getting your engine to start