What is Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)?
MFA is a layer of security added to the log-in process to help us better protect your sensitive information. All U.S. Ford Credit customers must set up and use MFA to log in to Account Manager.
What are my authentication options?
You will need to authenticate every time you log in, no matter what device. We provide two options.
You can authenticate through email or the authentication app on your mobile device.
If you choose to authenticate through the authentication app, you’ll need to follow these steps for setup and use:
- Select app authentication during the setup.
- Download the authentication app of your choice for your smartphone or mobile device.
- Follow the app’s on-screen instructions after installation.
- Select the “+” icon to add your account.
- Select “allow” when prompted to let the app access the camera.
- Scan the QR code or enter the appropriate account details.
- Use the temporary six-digit code during the log-in process.
You may change your authentication method at any time through Account Manager by following these steps:
- Go to your web browser and visit Account Manager.
- Click on the settings gear icon.
- Click on “Profile.”
- Click on “Add/Update MFA.”
- Authenticate by completing an MFA challenge.
- Click on “Add” for a new method or “Update” to change it.
After you complete the above steps, you’ll be redirected to the Account Manager website.
What if I experience issues with MFA?
Please contact customer service. You can use the Account Manager chat feature or call 1-800-727-7000.
- Sign in to Account Manager.
- Couldn’t find the answer to your question? Contact us for more information.