Why does FordPass®* say my Vehicle Identification Number is already associated with my account?
This message can appear if the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is already added to your account with a different nickname. You can double-check your account for existing VINs by using the following steps:
- Open the FordPass App.
- Select the Account screen.
Note: Any vehicles added to your account will appear.
- Select the vehicle that you are attempting to add.
- Compare the VIN shown in the app to the VIN you are trying to enter.
- If the VINs match, no additional action is required.
- If the VINs do not match, try adding the VIN again.
If you need additional support, contact a Guide by selecting Account > Help in the FordPass App.
*The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.