What happens if I lose my device and FordPass®* is active?
Please be aware that your lost mobile phone and email can be used to bypass your security, which results in gaining access to your FordPass account(s). To securely regain your account:
- Secure your email used to register with FordPass.
- A FordPass password reset request will send a security email confirmation to the registered email, and it is critical to secure the email to prevent anyone else from accessing it.
- Consider changing the password on your email account.
Important: This may trigger a sign-out on other devices and applications. This helps to ensure no unauthorized person has access to your email.
- For security purposes, perform a FordPass Connect Reset to remove user authorizations.
- After performing the reset, only grant Remote Command permission to accounts you know and trust.
- Ensure the security of your account, as the Guides do not have the ability to see your profile or perform a remote password reset.
- Obtain a new or temporary device that is compatible with FordPass.
- Download FordPass from the App Store®** (iOS***) or Google Play™**** (Android™*****).
- Open FordPass and initiate a password reset.
- After resetting your password, enter your new credentials on the FordPass login screen.
- Once FordPass loads, check your vehicle list.
- Proceed to activate your vehicle again for command and control access.
- Vehicle activation is based on the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and associated account. The VIN also remains in an activated status for that account unless it is removed or the vehicle has undergone a vehicle reset.
If for any reason you are unable to perform a password reset, please contact a Guide for additional support.
*The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
**App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
***iOS is a service mark of Apple Inc.
****Google Play is a trademark of Google LLC.
*****Android is a trademark of Google LLC.